TARA Machines and Tech Services (P) Ltd. markets green technology solutions for building construction, waste recycling and recycled paper production. The company delivers business solutions to a global network of micro, small and medium enterprises.
TARA Machines was created to make take affordable, high-quality building materials to service small-scale home renovations and incremental construction. The company’s mission is to provide high quality and affordable, green technology-based business solutions to meet the aspirations of under-serviced home builders for their rural construction businesses.
With technology innovation of Development Alternatives, a non-profit development organization, TARA Machines offers various lines of machines for local production of green building materials.
In 2012, GBF made an investment in TARA which has facilitated TARA’s expansion with the opening of new branch offices and critical R&D to further refine TARA’s existing product offering, improve its distribution channels and strengthen human capacity and governance of the team. The investment also allows TARA to create better evaluation systems to track its performance and improve the company’s decision-making abilities.
GBF BAS & TARA:
GBF’s Business Advisory Services (BAS) have reinforced TARAs’ management capabilities and enhanced the company’s strategic planning and financial skills. BAS programs for TARA have implemented:
Financial Management: Cash planning and budgeting to increase revenue and margins; Assistance with the roll-out of consumer financing pilots to reach more entrepreneurs
Strategy: Development of a strategic growth plan for business lines alongside a marketing plan; targeted marketing assignments to reach target consumers
Operations: Operational plan with key milestones
Assistance with annual E&S review and mitigation planEnvironmental & Social (E&S):
- TARA directly impacts over 112 individuals giving them access to training and new sources of income
- TARA has created an estimated $420K in Annual Income/Savings to beneficiaries
- TARA offers an alternative source of income to the traditional agricultural lines of work available in rural communities
- TARA’s manufacturing technology creates products that are over 30% more energy efficient than traditional bricks while utilizing waste instead of soil
- The company has recently collaborated with a unit of Holcim cement to launch green building centers across India, offering all the components required to build a house under one roof
- TARA’s technical assistance trains entrepreneurs and local employees in business and machine operations
- TARA has developed the technology and machines based on scientific analysis and understanding of the waste materials and produces high-quality products that are more energy efficient than traditional products
Learn more about Our Approach to Measurement.