Senior Investment Analyst
The Grassroots Business Fund (GBF) is a global impact investing organization whose mission is to help build and support viable, sustainable and inclusive businesses that generate earnings or cost saving for low income individuals in Africa, Asia and Latin America. GBF’s unique hybrid approach blends investment capital and capacity building to High Impact Businesses.
The Grassroots Business Fund is currently to hire seeking a Senior Investment Analyst for the Nairobi office with frequent travels to India. The Senior Investment Analyst will report to the Africa Regional Director.
SCOPE OF WORK
The main responsibilities of the Senior Investment Analyst will include the following:
- Leading a significant portion of investment activities including (1) screening leads, due diligence, structuring & closing deals, (2) drafting related memos, scorecards, related documents & financial models, (3) assessing social impact and (4) leading deal discussions in GBF decision check-ins;
- Leading a significant portion of individual client supervision activities, including conducting supervisory calls and meetings, collecting and analyzing financial and social impact reports, ensuring client payments;
- Leading a significant portion of client BAS activities, including design, implementation & evaluation;
- In lieu of some of the above responsibilities, the Senior Investment Analyst could support officers and managers on pipeline or portfolio management activities, including (1) tracking, managing & reporting on deal pipeline & decision points and/or (2) tracking portfolio client repayment rates, aggregate portfolio concentrations, client workout list, etc;
- Supervises or supports work of more junior analysts.
PROFILE OF SELECTED CANDIDATE
- Related bachelor’s degree and 2 + years of related job experience
- Demonstrated ability of supporting investment activities, including (1) sourcing, due diligence, and structuring & closing, (2) drafting related memos, financial models, legal agreements, etc., (3) assessing social impact and (4) leading deal discussions in GBF decision check-ins;
- Demonstrated support or ability in research, client supervision/compliance, and capacity building interventions;
- Demonstrated initiative, organization, & project management skills;
- Ability to interact with clients & partners, & manage relationships;
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills (identifying critical business issues & developing creative, practical solutions);
- Good financial analysis and modeling skills;
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities & deliver quality work on time;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, in English and a regional language (if appropriate), including the ability to convey ideas and positions clearly;
- Ability to work through multidisciplinary teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives.
- Experience working in India and knowledge of at least one of the official languages would be an added advantage.
ESTIMATED TIMETABLE AND TERMS:
The applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position is a full-time position with GBF Nairobi office, pending successful performance in the first 3 month period.
Commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and current CV by email to email@example.com with “Senior Investment Analyst” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.