Administrative Intern (Fall 2016)
The Grassroots Business Fund (GBF) is a global impact investing organization whose mission is to help build and support High Impact Businesses that provide sustainable economic opportunities to millions of people living in low income communities. GBF’s unique hybrid approach blends investment capital and capacity building to High Impact Businesses, which then empower the poor as independent entrepreneurs and consumers of affordable goods and services.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
GBF is currently looking for an Administrative Intern. The Administrative Intern will assist the CEO, and Executive Assistant with various activities, including:
- General administration, including ensuring smooth operation of meetings/logistics and database management maintenance and improvements (Salesforce)
- Working alongside the Executive Assistant and Managers to keep the CEO organized and well prepared for meeting and events
- Assisting on fundraising, including research, grant writing, and outreach
- Assisting with communications related items, including graphic design, drafting of collateral, drafting of blog posts, social media management, and research
- Ad hoc activities consistent with an operations intern role
III. ESTIMATED TIMETABLE AND TERMS
The position is available starting September 2016, and will continue through the fall. The intern will work in GBF’s offices in Washington DC and should be available for a minimum of 10 hours per week (actual hours are negotiable). This internship is unpaid, the candidate will be responsible for personal insurance, accommodation, and other living expenses while working at GBF.
IV. PROFILE OF SELECTED CANDIDATE
- Working towards a related undergraduate degree (e.g. business, international relations);
- Proficiency with MS-Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and in teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage and prioritize tasks effectively;
- High level of written and oral presentation skills in English;
- Working knowledge of a second language is a plus, but not required.
Instructions for interested applicants:
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Administrative Intern (Fall 2016)” in the subject line. We accept applications on a rolling basis for this internship.