- About GBF
- What We Do
- Meet Our Clients
- Contact Us
Thank you for your interest in pursuing an internship or career with the Grassroots Business Fund (GBF). All available positions, including intern positions, will be posted on our website below. GBF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in receiving a notification with information about available positions, please click here fill out the form online. Subsequently, we will send you an email every time we post an available job and/or internship. You can then send us an application if one of the positions matches your qualifications and interests. You can unsubscribe from this list at any time.
The Grassroots Business Fund (GBF) is a global impact investing organization whose mission is to help build and support High Impact Businesses that provide sustainable economic opportunities to millions of people living in low income communities. GBF's unique hybrid approach blends investment capital and capacity building to High Impact Businesses, which then empower the poor as independent entrepreneurs and consumers of affordable goods and services.
As part of its business advisory services and strategic support, GBF seeks to find an Environmental and Social Consultant to support the companies of the Latin America portfolio. The Consultant must have experience performing E&S reviews focusing on health, safety and labor standards as well as waste and water management in different production facilities and industrial sectors.
Activity 1: E&S compliance reviews
The consultant will perform an Environmental and Social revision of current and potential clients as necessary. The revision consists of a gap analysis of client's compliance with local, regional, and national laws as well as international best practices. The consultant should be a subject matter expert on these regulations. The scope of work of the revision includes solid and water waste management as well as a social compliance revision which shall include labor policies, health and safety issues.
Potential work with current and potential GBP clients:
- Visit the company to revise their documentation and facilities to ensure that they are in proper compliance with local laws and IFC's E&S performance standards.
- Write a final report per client that includes a non-compliance list and improvement recommendations. Wherever possible, this list should describe the methodology, approximate times and budget required for the implementation of these improvements.
- Propose an implementation plan of non-compliances and follow up with the companies to ensure that these gaps are covered.
Activity 2: GBP E&S Advisor
Advise GBP's Latin America team on E&S aspects:
- Support decisions on the need to perform E&S reviews and evaluations.
- Join meetings with GBP's team in Lima and DC.
- Final reports of E&S non-compliance and recommendations for improvement as well as E&S Action Plans for GBF clients.
- Communication tools: presentations, brochures, or reports as needed.
Specific deliverables will be set per project.
Duration of Consultancy
The aim of GBF is to establish a framework contract with the consultant and initiate projects depending on the companies needs.
- Specialist in Socio-Environmental Studies
- Demonstrated experience performing Socio-Environmental reviews (health, safety, labor, waste and water management in different facilities such as industrial plants)
- Experience in operations
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of IFC standards
- Ideally, experience in marking and communication tools preparation (brochures, presentation, videos, etc.)
- Advanced English level
- Availability to travel within Peru and the Andean region
Information to be included in the proposal
- Experience related to labor and environmental impact measurement
- Experience related to social impact measurement and interviews to communities
- Working availability
- Financial Proposal for the project- detailing the hourly rates for working in field and office. Ideally, to propose the price of doing a social evaluation by company
The consultant will report to Julio Ayca, Portfolio Manager LatAm; and Natalia Barantseva, Regional Manager LatAm. If interested, please send resume and salary proposal to : Mayra Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org