- About GBF
- What We Do
- Meet Our Clients
- Contact Us
2014 Annual Report
GBF has just completed its third year managing a $49 million private investment fund and its sixth year operating as an independent organization. Our team is well-established and focused on GBF's mission of growing viable businesses that generate sustainable earnings or savings for people with low incomes in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Since establishing its investment fund, GBF has provided 23 portfolio companies with its distinctive blend of patient investment capital and BAS. Some of GBF's key impact results this fiscal year include:
- $7.6M disbursed to High Impact Businesses and an additional $11 million committed.
- 7.3% current cash yield on outstanding portfolio over the past 12 months. All payments due have been collected (principal, interest, dividends & vendor payments).
- $48.2M of economic value delivered in the past 12 months by GBF's investees, benefitting 9.2M direct and indirect beneficiaries.
We are pleased to present our first Impact Report-- a first attempt to demonstrate GBF's progress, what we are learning, and what we can say about our impact so far.
Our main goal at this stage is to estimate the impact we and our investees are having, rather than a definitive assessment of our results-- which we can only judge years later, once our investments are closed out, and we know the business and social outcomes of our work.
Some of GBF's key impact results this fiscal year include:
- *$35.5M* generated in social benefits by our investees.
- *1.3M* people with low incomes are directly supported by our investees.
- *$113.6M* generated in total client revenues.
Two years into our $49 million private investment fund, GBF has made substantial progress in building and maintaining a well performing portfolio, one that is already generating substantial social impact and while it is still in its early stages, appears to be yielding reasonable prospect for financial returns for our investors.
Some of GBF's key results this fiscal year include:
- $10 million of disbursed investment capital to High Impact Businesses and an additional $12.4 million committed.
- Client repayments are on track, generating an 8.5% current yield on outstanding provisioned portfolio over the last 12 months
-GBF's investees delivered around $37.6 million of economic value to 1.4 million direct beneficiaries
- $26 million in direct benefits reached over 60,000 artisans, farmers, entrepreneurs and employees through direct income or payments; while an additional $11.2 million reached 1.3 million people living in low income communities through products and services.
With the help from an outstanding staff and a first-class group of stakeholders and advisors, we are closing a $47,000,000 private investment fund and have raised an additional $12,000,000 in grants from donors to benefit the non-profit arm of GBF.
In recent months, GBF has made substantial progress in building and maintaining a well performing fund that is generating social impact and a financial return for our investors.
Some of GBF’s key results to date are as follows:
- GBF has made 6 new investments through the fund, which brings the total number of clients in the fund portfolio to 16. This totals almost $14,000,000 in committed capital.
- 1,470,000 people have more affordable and quality goods, services, and jobs; and 46,000 artisans, farmers, employees, and entrepreneurs impacted.
Al Año Fiscal 2012
El Memoria presenta un informe detallado de otro año de operaciones con mucha actividad.
Con el apoyo de más de una docena de gobiernos, fundaciones y particulares, constituimos un fondo privado de inversión de $ 47.000.000 y hemos recaudado $ 12.000.000 adicionales en concepto de subsidios de donantes en beneficio de la unidad sin fines de lucro de GBF.
Esperamos que disfruten de este informe y agradeceremos sus comentarios y sugerencias
2011 Annual Report
As it describes in more detail, GBF has now invested more than $8.5 million to 32 High Impact Businesses in 12 countries. These investments have helped to build and scale High Impact Businesses that have directly impacted over 1.6 million people, while also improving the lives of almost 9 million people worldwide. We have accomplished a lot this year, and would not have been able to come this far without the support of our partners and supporters like you. With our headquarters in Washington, DC and teams on the ground in Ghana, India, Kenya and Peru, we are looking forward to building new partnerships with leading corporations, investors, donors, and colleagues.
2011 Semi-Annual update
GBF’s 2011 Semi-Annual Update outlines the progress in recent months in developing not only our financial portfolio—working with many promising, yet hard-to-reach High Impact Businesses—but also our capacity building strategy. Our capacity building initiatives provide a set of tools to help these businesses improve operations, scale financially, as well as help deliver significant social impact.
2010 Annual Report
As the report describes in more detail, GBF’s clients have moved markedly toward commercial sustainability and delivered over $15 million in value to more than 4.5 million people at the base of the pyramid – reflecting the success and further potential of GBF’s blended approach.
Some of GBF’s key results to date are as follows:
-US $7 million invested in 26 businesses across 10 countries
- -Over 4.5 million people reached at the base of the pyramid
- -Almost 850,000 people directly impacted
2009 Annual Report
The Grassroots Business Fund's first Annual Report, which summarizes the achievements we've made in just one year.
The report sets out our progress in building an organization that can help deliver well-defined, high-impact approaches to social and economic development in the world's poorest communities.
We hope that you find this document thought provoking and useful.
We are pleased to present GBF's 2010 Semi-Annual Update!
This report summarizes all of our activities and successes we've made since our Annual Report was published.